Emprise is looking for a talented Sr. Marine Engineer to support the US Navy’s Diesel Maintenance program in Philadelphia, PA. Emprise provides engineering support services for the installation, training, configuration, and maintenance of maritime engineering software. Our enterprise level software systems provide Preventive Maintenance, Condition Monitoring (Vibration, Oil, Diesel Engine, and Thermography), Inspection, Log Keeping, Maintenance Planning and Life Cycle Engineering services.
- Technical Point of Contact for diesel engine engineering support to NSWCPD.
- Develop or revise equipment maintenance plans based on research, feedback, regulatory changes, or customer direction.
- Assist in performing failure mode and effects analysis of troubled systems.
- Assist the crew in troubleshooting engine complex discrepancies.
- Provide training to the crew.
- Apply practical engineering and analytical judgment while tracking work reported by ships, assessment, and regulatory activities to support of the maintenance planning process.
- Perform equipment ship-checks onboard vessels for purpose of gathering data required for development of maintenance.
- Develop monthly reports and brief the effectiveness of the established maintenance practices.
- Travel (up to 20%) to ships to brief Port Engineers and Chief Engineers on their ship’s maintenance effectiveness.
- Manage and prioritize multiple project timelines.
- Any additional duties assigned to help assist in other departments.
- 12 or more years of Marine Diesel experience
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Security Clearance
- Ability to perform work onboard ships, in machinery spaces, while underway
- Ability to climb ladders
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs., sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- BS Marine or Mechanical Engineering or US Navy Diesel Engine Inspector (DEI) certification
- USCG Chief Engineer license
- Formal Fairbanks Morse, MTU, Caterpillar training
- Shipyard experience
- SAMM experience