Emprise Corporation was established in 1987 in Connecticut as both an engineering and software development company. As a Software Engineer you will focus on solving complex problems in the predictive-maintenance fields. These issues can range from working on our Java / Database layers for our web applications, creating unique application to help solve environmental conservation issues, or even creating a reusable library for other developers to utilize.
This highly skilled role requires an individual who insists on keeping up with the latest Software Engineering trends. A qualified candidate will have a passion for OOP design patterns, and the know-how to apply them successfully in client-side and server-side web development.
You must be able to work both individually and as part of a team on a variety of internal and external facing applications and libraries. Your creativity, attention to detail and commitment to quality will assist in the creation of the next generation of enterprise-level predictive and preventative maintenance applications.
- Work in a collaborative agile environment with other developers, QA, and designers.
- Write and maintain code for a variety of web applications using Java and other programming languages.
- Write database procedures to facilitate application development.
Unit testing and documentation.
- Debugging and fixing reported application bugs.
- 3-5 years of development experience in either C++, Java, or some other object oriented language.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in computer science or a similar degree (or 5+ years of work experience).
- Knowledge and experience with OOP design patterns and anti-patterns.
- Experience with Spring, JSON, XML/XSLT, SOAP/Web Services, Struts, JDBC, and/or Tomcat.
- Relational databases (mysql) and with writing procedures and views.
Bonus Points for:
- Sybase experience.
- Experience with SCRUM or other agile methodology.
- Experience in writing Stored Procedures.