Emprise Corporation was established in 1987 in Connecticut as both an engineering and software development company. As an IOS Developer, your primary responsibility will be creating and maintaining a variety of complex mobile applications. Our main focus is the creation of maintenance monitoring and data collection software that allows anything from a small business to a large fleet of ships to easily maintain and monitor its equipment. This means anything from building complex networking libraries, custom rendered GUI components, and any other new technology that can better facilitate the way maintenance monitoring is done.
We are looking to fill our newly established office in Chesapeake, VA. This will provide new developers great opportunity to help contribute in the development a new branch of an already well-established company.
- Create a variety of new mobile applications tailored to different client needs.
- Work in a collaborative environment with other developers, QA, and designers.
- Create tests, demos and documentation to help users take advantage of the web applications you create.
- 3-5 years of software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in computer science or a similar degree (or 5+ years of work experience).
- Experience developing native IOS apps.
- Strong OO design and coding skills in C and Objective C.
- Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working application designs.
- Experience with different 3rd party libraries, SQLite, OpenSSL, CURL, etc.
- Ability to write well-documented applications with maintainability in mind.
- Experience building complex user interactions with custom interfaces.
- Experience with networking and data synchronization.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Experience using Instruments to audit performance of applications (Memory Leaks/Utilization, CPU Usage, etc).
- Experience writing Application and Logic unit tests.
Bonus Points for:
- Understanding of relational databases.
- SQL or TSQL.
- Experience with SCRUM or other agile methodology.
- Android development.
- You have an application on the App Store.