Emprise Corporation is a rapidly expanding, growth-oriented organization that focuses on cutting-edge internet application development in the predictive-maintenance fields. We are looking for talented database developers to create and maintain structures, procedures, and views in a large distributed relational database system that drives a variety of complex web and client-server applications. This entails the creation of new structures and the constraints, procedures and views that ensure the lasting integrity and quality of the data.
This highly skilled role requires an individual who insists on keeping up with the latest advancements in the evolving realm of data modeling and database programming. Key to this position will be learning and understanding of the business logic that drives the collection and storage of the data, and building queries that bring to the surface the most pertinent pieces of information using statistical analysis and data modeling.
You must be able to work both individually and as part of a team on a variety of internal and external facing web applications. Your creativity, attention to detail and commitment to quality will assist in the creation of the next generation of enterprise-level predictive and preventative maintenance applications.
- Create and work in complex database schemas.
- Build scalable, stable, and efficient processes to collect, manipulate, present, and analyze large datasets.
- Work in a collaborative agile environment with other developers, QA, and designers.
- Create tests and documentation to help users take advantage of the web applications for the data sets and stored procedures you create.
- 3-5 years of SQL and T-SQL development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in computer science or a similar degree (or 5+ years of work experience).
- Expert level experience in Stored Procedures, Constraint Checks, Indexes, Triggers, Views, DTS, BCP, Database Login and User Maintenance, and other database specific areas in a large-scale application environment.
- Strong experience in SQL-Anywhere administration, configuration, maintenance, backup, recovery, database security, performance optimization, tuning, debugging, profiler, and data analysis.
- Good understanding of conceptual, logical & physical database design, normalization and experience in creating and maintaining database models, dictionaries and other Meta data.
- Work with application developers and database end-users in resolving database related problems.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
Bonus Points for:
- Sybase experience.
- Experience with integrating with web services through SOAP.
- Experience building intensive data driven applications.
- Experience with CSV, XML, and/or JSON formatting.
- Experience with ERWin and other database modeling tools.